The University Hospital of Martinique (UHM, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Martinique) is the largest French and English speaking Caribbean University Hospital. The UMH is a more than 1600-beds Institution
(680 Medical, 273 Surgical, 100 Obstetrics, 30 ICU beds)
- Our institution offers several 24-Hours Emergency Services and multiples activities. The UHM is accredited by the French Ministry of Health in order to offer high standard of care
- Accreditation process included several high level equipments such as scanner/MRI, Nuclear Scintigraphy,Multiples Cathlabs, ICU, ECMO/ECLS, Operating rooms, Dialysis, Hyperbaric Caisson and major Medical or Surgical units as well as all Intensive Care Units
- About 5600 professionals (300 senior doctors) are involved in patient management for a high quality of care
Recently reorganized, UHM works as a Caribbean Tertiary Health Care Center with 3 Hospital main sites and 6 sites
- PIERRE ZOBDA QUITMAN HOSPITAL and MOTHERS-WOMEN-CHILDREN HOSPITAL (FORT-DE-FRANCE, Main Site); Major 24-Hours Services such as A/E department, Burn Unit, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hyperbaric Caisson, Neonatal Care (Level III), NICU (Level III), Medical and Surgical ICU, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, PICU, Stroke Service, Trauma Center…
- MANGOT-VULCIN HOSPITAL (LE LAMENTIN): Any Ambulatory Surgery, Dialysis, Elective Surgical Procedures, ENT Surgery. Psychiatry
- LOUIS DOMERGUE HOSPITAL (LA TRINITE): Advanced consultations, Alcohology/addictology, General Medicine, Maternity and Neonatal standard Care (Level IIa).
- CLARAC HOSPITAL (FORT-DE-FRANCE) : Cancer Site with dedicated Equipments
- EMMA VENTURA HOSPITAL (Fort-de-France): Retirement Home and of Long Term Care Units
UHM medical management is based on 12 Integrated Multidisciplinary Departments (IMD)
- Anesthesiology-Emergency-ICU, Biology, Cancer, Dialysis and Nephrology, Geriatrics,
- Heart-Lung-Vascular-Diabetis, Mother and Children, Medicine, Neurology-Rehabilitation Care,
- Pharmacy, Radiology, Surgery.
Administrative Management include 1 CEO seconded by a CMO and 4 Head Directors (Financial, Human Resources, Logistics, Strategy).
- The UHM has also a very dynamic Training Policy to improve Health Care Delivery. In 2012, 2779 junior Medical and Non medical staff, MidWifes or Medical Students have been trained.
- UHM acts as a real Caribbean Teaching and Training Institution (Nurses, OR Nurses, Midwifes, Physiotherapists)